Antique Furniture/Walnut Buffet

Question
Walnut Buffet
Walnut Buffet  

Hardware
Hardware  
Hello,
I purchased this walnut buffet at an auction 10 years ago.  Can you tell me what style it is, when it was made, and possible value?  I paid $500 for it ten years ago and I think I got it for a steal.  Please tell me all you can about the piece.  Thank you!

Answer
Hi Tanya,

Perhaps ten years ago that was a fair price to pay for your Buffet, but I do not
see this buffet being worth that today, at least here on the east coast this is
certainly the case.

The main issues is that today's younger buyers are not furnishing dining rooms as
in the past.  They would rather use the space for other purposes such as libraries,
home theaters, home offices, etc.

Best of luck finding a new home for your buffet.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanaintriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III