Antique Furniture/Walnut Buffet

Walnut Buffet
Walnut Buffet  

I purchased this walnut buffet at an auction 10 years ago.  Can you tell me what style it is, when it was made, and possible value?  I paid $500 for it ten years ago and I think I got it for a steal.  Please tell me all you can about the piece.  Thank you!

Hi Tanya,

Perhaps ten years ago that was a fair price to pay for your Buffet, but I do not
see this buffet being worth that today, at least here on the east coast this is
certainly the case.

The main issues is that today's younger buyers are not furnishing dining rooms as
in the past.  They would rather use the space for other purposes such as libraries,
home theaters, home offices, etc.

Best of luck finding a new home for your buffet.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.