Antique Furniture/Baker Furniture Bed

Question
headboard
headboard  

medalian and No. sticker
medalian and No. stick  
I purchased a queen size bed at the last few minutes of an estate sale for $50.00; unfortunately the other pieces had already been sold. It looks to be in excellent condition.  The wood is beautiful, no scratches, dings, etc.  The headboard is carved and on the ends at the side top of headboard it has what appears to be round brass medallions attached for decor.  It has the Baker Furniture company silver medallion attached along with a small sticker (production #?) with the No. 9010 or 7010 on it I cannot find any reference to the number on the sticker or information on Baker website.  Can you help me date it?  I'm curious about the value for insurance purposes.  Since this was a professional estate sale I am assuming a low value?  Thank you

Answer
Hi Cindy,

You Baker bed, fashioned out of mahogany was made in the early 1980's.  

Two factors to take into consideration for evaluating the bed and assuming
the condition is excellent, the size being a queen and not having tall post
hold back the value in todays' marketplace.

I place a value on your bed at $350 - $400. Had it been a queen size and also
a tall four poster, something that buyers of formal furniture look for these days,
you could double to triple the value.

Best Wishes.

George E. Harrison III
<www.americanainteriors.com/>

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III