Antique Furniture/Baker Furniture Bed

medalian and No. sticker
medalian and No. stick  
I purchased a queen size bed at the last few minutes of an estate sale for $50.00; unfortunately the other pieces had already been sold. It looks to be in excellent condition.  The wood is beautiful, no scratches, dings, etc.  The headboard is carved and on the ends at the side top of headboard it has what appears to be round brass medallions attached for decor.  It has the Baker Furniture company silver medallion attached along with a small sticker (production #?) with the No. 9010 or 7010 on it I cannot find any reference to the number on the sticker or information on Baker website.  Can you help me date it?  I'm curious about the value for insurance purposes.  Since this was a professional estate sale I am assuming a low value?  Thank you

Hi Cindy,

You Baker bed, fashioned out of mahogany was made in the early 1980's.  

Two factors to take into consideration for evaluating the bed and assuming
the condition is excellent, the size being a queen and not having tall post
hold back the value in todays' marketplace.

I place a value on your bed at $350 - $400. Had it been a queen size and also
a tall four poster, something that buyers of formal furniture look for these days,
you could double to triple the value.

Best Wishes.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.