Antique Furniture/Bedroom set

I'm wanting to know when these pieces were made and who made them.  I have the four drawer chest, the vanity, and the four poster bed.  I have never seen the carved patterns that are on the front of the chest and the vanity drawers, the same pattern is on the headboard and footboard of the bed.    I've been told they were from the 1940's.  I would also like to know the value of the set.

This is 1920s furniture, the wood is tulip poplar and/or magnolia and/or sweet gum.  it was and is common for woods to be mixed.  the style is typical of the era.  generall these came from the factory with a dark finish on them to resemble walnut wood and color with the darker sections as shown although overall much darker.  not all were dark but about 75% of these sets were.

as to who made this, it is a manufactured set and there were about 5000 furniture manufacturers in operation at that time so without a label there is no way anyone can tell you which company made it.

the chest and vanity would retail in a shop at 350 each tops.  I cannot speak to the bed as it is not pictured but if it is a double and what i guess it looks like then it would be at 275-300 retail in a shop.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.