Antique Furniture/Berkey and Gay China Closet and Buffet

Question
Berkey and Gay
Berkey and Gay  

Berkey and Gay
Berkey and Gay  
Hi Mr. Klein,
I have a Berkey and Gay China Closet and Buffet with the round metal "Berkey and Gay" symbol/trademark in the drawers.  I cannot find anything like them online and would like your opinion as to what they are worth.  I bought them 25 years ago from an older woman who had them since they were brand new. I also have the table that goes with the set.  It is very large and has pull outs on both ends.  The china closet has three shelves on the top portion with a lock.  I do not have the chairs.   Hopefully the detail shows up in the pictures as the carved wood is beautiful.  Attached are several photos for your review. The buffet needs some cleaning up  but I just wanted to get a general idea of what they are worth.  I understand that Berkey and Gay went bankrupt which lead to a decline in the value of their furniture at some point in time; however, these are beautiful pieces.  

Thank you in advance for your expertise!!

Answer
definately a good looking set typical jacobean style of the 1910-20s with decorative veneered surfaces and applied carvings.

the sideboard woul sell retail at 550-650
the china at the same

they were one of the top three manufactures in grand rapids.

lots of information online at the grand rapids historical site.

Antique Furniture

robert klein