Antique Furniture/Drop leaf table, ladder back chairs

Table and chair
Table and chair  

Underneath the table
Underneath the table  
My wife and her mother bought this table and chairs 15 years ago at a garage sale.  An old neighbor once told us it was very valuable, whatever that means.  We are now tired of the table and ready to sell.  Before throwing it on craigslist or taking to a dealer I would like to know an approximate value so we don't get ripped off.  I looked for markings but all I saw was "Walter of Wabash" on the hardware.  The table has claw feet, but I didn't attach that photo.  There should be an additional leaf for the table, but we do not have it.  Let me know if you would like any additional pictures.

the markings were on the slides under the table and refer to the slides only.

it is mahogany veneet on top, the rest is sweet gum and/or tulip poplar stained to match.

the ladder back chairs are sweet gum or tulip poplar, probably gum.

table and chairs would sell at 450

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.