Antique Furniture/identification of old roll top desk

Question
desk II 003
desk II 003  

desk II 004
desk II 004  
Mr. Klein i have an old roll top desk that i got from my father and can't find any markings on it, the only identifiable thing is the lock on the roll down, Corbin Cabinet Lock Co.  the desk is very large 60" long, 32" deep and 49" tall.  it is made of solid oak, dove tails appear hand done, pedestal sides, back piece that attaches the pedestals etc. appear tongue and groove.  the writing surface is one solid piece oak, i can see no seems.  desk has one unique feature i have not seen, the rt. pedestal has a small roll down with 2 shelves behind and a large lower drawer that is divided length wise into 3 partitions. if i had to hazard a guess, i think it may have been a shipping clerks desk, the tall vertical cubbies on either end of the desk piece. I would greatly appreciate any help identifying the make, vintage, mfg., value of this desk.  Thank you for your assistance Mr. Klein.  Stephen Gieselman

Answer
send more pictures to my email

no one will be able to tell you the manufacturer without a label as there were about 5000 in operation at the time this was manufactured.  The pigeon hole interior on the top is a fairly standard configuration however the roll over the right file drawer is unusual.

60 inch desks were usually for offices as were 66 inch.  the 54s were home and office and 48 and below were home although there are exceptions to all things.

side
back
behind right tambour
dovetails
view of writin surface from above and a picture of the edge.
picture of desk closed

Antique Furniture

robert klein