Antique Furniture/Pennsylvania House Hutch Cabinet

Question
My Hutch and Buffet
My Hutch and Buffet  

Pennsylvania House
Pennsylvania House  
Hi there.  I have a Pennsylvania Hutch Cabinet that was given to me by mother a few years ago.  The hutch was handed down to her before me so we both have no idea as to when the cabinet was made.  The back of the hutch is stamped "1652357" and the back of the buffet is stamped "665#2334  8 X 1265M   A-334 (or 884?) HUTCH ANTIQUE TIN" I hope that helps you.  I have just moved into a tiny house and the hutch is just too big so I may have to sell it and I want to make sure I have some sort of information for any potential buyer.  Thanks so much, I greatly appreciate your time.
-Carlyn

Answer
Hi Carlyn,

Your Pennsylvania House Hutch or sometimes referred to as a step-back cupboard
was most likely built in the late 1950's to  1960's.

While back in the day, pieces like this were considered charming and quaint, I
can tell you that most buyers of moderately priced used furniture are in search
of pieces with better style.

I place a value of $250.to $275.on your cupboard.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III