Antique Furniture/Randolph Furniture Works - Dresser

I have a six drawer dresser.  On the back is a tag that says Randolph Furniture Works, Plant No. 2, Jamestown, NY, Mahogany Veneer and Gum.  There is also a tag that says 138.  I know that it is more than 65 years old.  There are a few scratches and a small chip on the top corner.  Is it worth anything?

Hi Brenda,

I normally need photo's to answer questions but with the brief information
you have furnished me with I can tell you that your, boat anchor, I mean 6 drawer
dresser by Randolph Furniture Works is not an item that buyers are beating down
the doors for.

If it were in perfect condition, it might have a value of $150. I will let you
figure out the deduct for it's condition issues.

Good Luck

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.