Antique Furniture/Rocking chair made in spain

Rocking chair
Rocking chair  
I have this rocking chair that my great aunt had got sometime in her military career in spain, it has a made in spain sticker, from my knowledge is kind of old, but has no marks from a maker or anything other than the made in spain sticker, do you know any way of identifying what the origin of this rocking chair is?

Hi Matt,

Since you have informed me that your "Bentwood" style rocker has a "made in Spain"
sticker attached, my feeling is that this is a later reproduction of an original
by Thonet Bentwood rocking chairs, number 7025, Circa 1904.

These chairs range in value, anywhere from $175. to $275. based on overall condition
and marketing area. Condition of cain work is half the value of the chair.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.