Antique Furniture/S Bent & Bros Colonial Chairs

I recently picked up several chairs for free for a DYI project and noticed a stamp and some numbers on the bottom and I was hoping you could help me out with the age of the chairs.

The chair has S Bent & Bros stamped on the bottom along with the numbers 672 & 752. The chair is not in great shape but I would still like to know more about the set.

the company made colonial reproductions from 1867 until 2001.  well made but not highly valued so the condition is the main factor in pricing.

there is much information on the company online, too much to go into in this forum but easy to find and interesting to read.  

the numbers are inventory numbers proprietary to the company and really divulge no information to us.

this one from the 1960-70s.

this one would cost around 250-350 to have professionally restored and would be worth that amount once done.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.