Antique Furniture/White furniture co dinning set

I want to re finish this set but before i do it i want to see if it has any value because if it does i dont want to ruin it. I would pay to get it done. It has 6 chairs and 2 leafs

Hi Jenny,

Have not fear your dinning set is most likely from the 1960's when all the manufacturers
were producing unattractive furniture on a grand scale. I personally do not see where
painting it and reupholstering it would be an issue, for the biggest drawback is in the
sets design or lack thereof. It seems that just about every furniture company back in the
day felt they needed to re-invent the wheel to sell new models and of course eager buyers
were right there to oblige them. As a result, it's hard to give the stuff away today
except to the needy that can't afford to shop in what are called furniture stores today
with true garbage coming in from places like China and Vietnam. I see these styles go
begging at most of the auctions today. The most redeeming factor is that you pieces are
very well built by today's standards.

So, go ahead and go crazy with a paint brush and some new fabric and hopefully in the
process you are pleased with the results.

Best Regards,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.