Antique Furniture/Antique campaign chest

Question
front of desk or chest
front of desk or chest  

reverse side
reverse side  
Hi Robert,
I am really hoping you can help provide some info on this desk/chest that we recently purchased for $450.  It appears to be a campaign chest of some sort.  It is made from oak, with handcut-dovetailed drawers, dovetailing between the top surface and the sides, and brass hardware with fastens through the drawers and sides with clasps?  The brass feet appear to be fur paws? The seller thought it was a civil war campaign desk, and that the narrow drawers were for battle maps...All corners are brass reinforced with round head brass nails. I appreciate any help!

Answer
show me a picture of the outside of the side of one drawer where the side meets the front.

next, turn the drawer upsidedown and take a picture from the rear showing the outside of the back and bottom in one shot.

next, turn the desk upsidedown and take a picture of the bottom showing the inside of the legs where they attached.

to my email please as attachments

thanks.

you have a good desk at a great price but not a campaign chest.  a campaign style desk.  think about it, the true campaign chests were more of a box that sat on a box, with short legs that unscrewed if any at all.  they stacked.

waiting for pictures  

Antique Furniture

robert klein