Antique Furniture/Antique dresser

Question
sewing table
sewing table  

oval table
oval table  
Hello,

I have a small collection of wood furniture I'd like to ask about, but I'll just throw two out there. IF you're interested to see 1more, I'll send those too. The pieces interest me and I've tried to look into them, but mainly just ended up learning some furniture terms. I'm mainly wondering about age, wood, and potential value of each.  

1. sewing table with a bobbin tray and two side compartments
2. small oval table with decorative stretchers and side fretwork

Whatever you care to share, I appreciate hearing.

Thanks!
Natalie

Answer
Hi Natalie,

First off, in viewing your photo's, I appears that both pieces are constructed
out of mahogany.

I date these pieces to the 1940's and rate the execution of them to be average.
Since there were a million furniture companies producing furniture at that
time and not being significant pieces, it is just about impossible to say who
made them.

Today, values for these pieces appear to be in a free-fall due to a major lack
of interest with younger  buyers, that prefer to go without furniture, as long as
they can purchase the latest piece of electronics.

The sewing stand value is $125. to $150. and the table in the same range.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III