Antique Furniture/Antique dresser

sewing table
sewing table  

oval table
oval table  

I have a small collection of wood furniture I'd like to ask about, but I'll just throw two out there. IF you're interested to see 1more, I'll send those too. The pieces interest me and I've tried to look into them, but mainly just ended up learning some furniture terms. I'm mainly wondering about age, wood, and potential value of each.  

1. sewing table with a bobbin tray and two side compartments
2. small oval table with decorative stretchers and side fretwork

Whatever you care to share, I appreciate hearing.

Hi Natalie,

First off, in viewing your photo's, I appears that both pieces are constructed
out of mahogany.

I date these pieces to the 1940's and rate the execution of them to be average.
Since there were a million furniture companies producing furniture at that
time and not being significant pieces, it is just about impossible to say who
made them.

Today, values for these pieces appear to be in a free-fall due to a major lack
of interest with younger  buyers, that prefer to go without furniture, as long as
they can purchase the latest piece of electronics.

The sewing stand value is $125. to $150. and the table in the same range.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.