Antique Furniture/Antique Dresser- The Goshen Veneer Co

Question
Front Dresser
Front Dresser  

tag
tag  
Good Afternoon, Robert:

We bought this dresser in an estate sale for $90. It has a tag from "The Goshen Veneer Co - Goshen, Indiana". I have not heard of this company, and cannot find any information about them.

Do you know anything about the Goshen Veneer Company? What time period they operated? Is their furniture collectible, or of any value? Would you know about what type of wood the dresser is made of, or the time period it was made? Is there any value range you could put on this piece?

I can email you more pictures directly to your email if you prefer?

Thanks so much!
-Dylan

Answer
called goshen novelty and lamp co in the 1920s.  it isnt a notable company, few were, but they dis build times that were styled with the times.  

they manufactured veneers into the 1990s.

the chest is from 1910.

as is, it is worth what you paid.  refinished it would retail at 300-350.

i will look into it further, the problem is companies changes names often and moved to other states.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein