Antique Furniture/antique items

Question
cabinet
cabinet  

liquor cabinet
liquor cabinet  
Are these items worth anything????? I have a table,liquor cabinet,buffet. The designs match. If you need more pictures let me know. It wouldn't let me upload the table, I will send it next

Answer
Hi Rhonda,

The piece you have, judging by the overall form was most likely made in the 1920's in the Jacobean style.  It could also possibly have been made after the start of prohibition for
storing spirits, since many people did not stop drinking during prohibition, if anything
they turned up the burners.

Many cabinets were made for the storage of alcohol and some to include secret panels
during the prohibition period!

I find the need for pieces like this to be somewhat of limited interest today, so the
values are going to be suppressed.

I place a value of $175. to $225. on the cabinet.

Good luck with it.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III