Antique Furniture/Antique kidney bean shaped desk.

Question
Charles Sligh Desk
Charles Sligh Desk  
I recently acquired a nice desk shaped like a kidney bean.  There is a plate attached the top left desk drawer that says "Charles R. Sligh Company.  Holland, Michigan".  This desk is in great condition with some normal wear on the center drawer and very light wear ont the top left and right drawers.  It appears that it is in its original condition (no refinishing/restaining) although I don't know this for a fact.  I'm curious to know its approximate value, and if you can provide an approximate year that this desk was manufactured.
         Thank you.

Answer
Hi Eric,

This is a vintage desk and NOT an antique, Objects need to be 100 years old or older
to qualify as an antique.

Your mahogany desk by the Sligh Furniture Company dates to the 1940's and was a
popular form made by a number of furniture companies back in the day.

A good bit of the more formal mahogany furniture has fallen out of favor these
days with prices in somewhat of a free-fall.

I place a value of $275. - $300. on your desk.

Best of luck wit it.

George E. Harrison III
wwew.americanainteeriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III