Antique Furniture/Antique office chair

Antique office chair
Antique office chair  
At an auction I recently picked up an antique office chair (on receipt as 19th century gothic revival executive desk chair) and can't find anything like it anywhere else online.  I was considering refinishing it to clean the wood but if it is valuable I don't want to do anything to devalue it.  Any idea what it is worth?

eastlake victorian design made round 1880.  no gothic here.  cant tell you the wood from the photo, likely walnut but not certain as a close pic is needed of the wood grain.

retail about 200-250 if it is tight and the mechanism is good.

no need to refinish to clean wood.  use toluene free Briwax in a brown color.  wax the chair and leather then enjoy your chair.  it is a nice one.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.