Antique Furniture/Antique office chair

Question
Antique office chair
Antique office chair  
At an auction I recently picked up an antique office chair (on receipt as 19th century gothic revival executive desk chair) and can't find anything like it anywhere else online.  I was considering refinishing it to clean the wood but if it is valuable I don't want to do anything to devalue it.  Any idea what it is worth?

Answer
eastlake victorian design made round 1880.  no gothic here.  cant tell you the wood from the photo, likely walnut but not certain as a close pic is needed of the wood grain.

retail about 200-250 if it is tight and the mechanism is good.

no need to refinish to clean wood.  use toluene free Briwax in a brown color.  wax the chair and leather then enjoy your chair.  it is a nice one.

Antique Furniture

robert klein