Antique Furniture/Antique Roll Top Desk value/age

Question
Side Desk and Chair
Side Desk and Chair  

Front Desk
Front Desk  
Hello Robert,
My family is looking to sell an antique (c-shaped) roll top desk.  After much research we are still having trouble identifying the estimated value, maybe you can help us? The desk is made of oak, and it is very large and heavy. The chair has a few sratches in the leather, but otherwise is in excellent condition. The lock on the roll top is made by Eagle Lock Co. We are seeking the estimated value and time period of this desk, please and thanks.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
- Tina

Answer
it is a nice c roll desk.  

I dont know if it is the picture color or not but it appears that the curtain has been replaced at some time.  the color should be same as the sides and writing surface since it would have been exposed to the same elements through its 120 years of life.  also, there is a lock plate on the writing surface but i see no cutout or lock in the bottom of the curtain.  all the drawer pulls appear to have been repalced as well.

all that said, before i submit a price I woul like more pictures of the drawer fronts and of the curtain sent to my email along with this post.  thanks, pics as attachments.

Antique Furniture

robert klein