Antique Furniture/Follow up on dumbwaiter question...

Dumbwaiter #1
Dumbwaiter #1  

Dumbwaiter #2
Dumbwaiter #2  
Hello George, thanks for your reply. I forgot to attach the photos of the dumbwaiter along with my prior questions. Here they are.
Thank you,

My prior email:
"Hello George,
I have a 4 Tier dumbwaiter in very good/excellent condition (a couple of minor scratches from use)with ribboned edges on each tier and claw foot. It does not have a designation as to maker or period.

It stands 50.5" tall, and the diameter for Tiers I-IV is 28", 24", 20", and 16" respectively. I'm uncertain of the wood its made of, and the individual levels do not rotate.

Can you tell who the manufacturer may have been, what time period, and a range of approximate value?

Thanks for your assistance!

Hi Rodrego,

Thanks for including the photo's of your four-tier Dumbwaiter.

While I can not provide you with the exact manufacturer, I can tell you that this piece
was made in the 1930's to 1940's, in the Colonial Revival style. It is executed
in the English style rather than the American style of an original antique.

Tables like yours normally bring in the price range of $250. to $275.

Best Wishes.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.