Antique Furniture/french sofa?

Question
Sofa
Sofa  
QUESTION: Hi,
I bought this sofa at an estate sale, but do not know anything about it. I'm interested in knowing a little bit about what kind of style this is and perhaps a time period.

Thank you very much,
Rose

ANSWER: french style made in the USA around 1920s.  louis 15 style.

very nice sofa and will look very good once upholstered.  dont let an upholstery person talk you into using all foam for the padding-you wont like the feel.

done know if you wanted any more info.

QUESTION: Thank you very much! I paid $100 for the sofa, do you think that was a good price? What value would you put on a piece like this after it has been reupholstered (assuming fabric such as Belgian linen)?

Answer
you did good on the price.  it will be a considerable investment to recover properly but it will be worth it as it will be so much better than a new one.

it will be worth, in dollars, what you have invested.  most upholstered items are this way.

if your intent is selling it then do not have it recovered.

Antique Furniture

robert klein