Antique Furniture/french sofa?

I bought this sofa at an estate sale, but do not know anything about it. I'm interested in knowing a little bit about what kind of style this is and perhaps a time period.

Thank you very much,

ANSWER: french style made in the USA around 1920s.  louis 15 style.

very nice sofa and will look very good once upholstered.  dont let an upholstery person talk you into using all foam for the padding-you wont like the feel.

done know if you wanted any more info.

QUESTION: Thank you very much! I paid $100 for the sofa, do you think that was a good price? What value would you put on a piece like this after it has been reupholstered (assuming fabric such as Belgian linen)?

you did good on the price.  it will be a considerable investment to recover properly but it will be worth it as it will be so much better than a new one.

it will be worth, in dollars, what you have invested.  most upholstered items are this way.

if your intent is selling it then do not have it recovered.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.