Antique Furniture/Grand Rapids made dresser

Made in GR
Made in GR  
I have this dresser that was my great grandparents' and I am curious as to the history of it and what it may be worth.  Inside the top drawer is a plaque that reads "Made In Grand Rapids".  I do not see any indication of which of the many GR furniture companies made it.  It is in slightly rough shape with some wear in the finish and middle drawer is missing trim.  Any information you can share would be appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

Dear Jennifer,

In the early 1900's and through the 20th century there were many furniture manufacturing
companies in Grand Rapids Michigan, so it is difficult to assign a maker to your chest.

Due to it's condition and lack of styling, your chest is valued at $ $75. to
a buyer that can spend the time for carrying out the needed restoration work. The
problem is that the cost to restore it properly would outweigh it's value, when

Best wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.