Antique Furniture/J.B.Van Sciver dresser

I recently acquired a J.B. VanSciver dresser and was wondering what it is worth. It has 2 long drawers on the the bottom and 2 smaller ones at the top.

Hi Kim,

Your double dresser by J.B. Van Sciver appears to be in clean condition so therefore
I feel that it has a value of $275 to $300. to an interested party.

By rights it should be worth more by the current market has become very selective and
are looking for more stylish pieces.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.