Antique Furniture/Jacobean dinning rooom table

Question
side cupboard
side cupboard  

table
table  
A friend has a large  heavy dinning room table and buffet . He would like to  get rid of it . He has no idea if it has any value. Right now no one seems interested  in such an old  massive dinning room set. Any ideas on value and  suggestions on what to do with it ? many thanks MC

Answer
Hi Mary,

Thanks for your question regarding your friends Jacobean style furniture. For many years now,
this style of furniture has been out of favor with buyers in search of clean used furniture.

Back in the 1920's there was interest in the style to go with all the English Tudor style
homes that were built around the same time period, before the colonial revival style took
a foothold.

From about the 1930's on, this style of furniture has been greatly out of favor and it
appears to be even difficult to give away.

My recommendation is to find a Salvation Army store and donate it and take a generous tax
right off on your income tax return. Or you can take it to a consignment shop and hope
for the best.

Best of luck,

George E. Harrison III
<www.americanainteriors.com/>

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III