Antique Furniture/Mersman End Table

Question
Mersman End Table
Mersman End Table  

Mersman End Table
Mersman End Table  
Hi George,

I recently acquired this End Table with One Drawer and Two Lower Shelves.  Tried to research, but can only find a similar table with one shelf.  

Underneath the drawer is stamped in a triangle, Mersman 7337 who was in business from the 1870s to 1963.  

Features:

•Single stencil inlaid drawer with dovetailed joints.  Original hardware.

•Stencil inlaid tapered legs.

•Two curve edged shelves

Measurements:
OVERALL Measurements:
•Height: 24”
•Width:  16”
•Length:  23”

DRAWER Measurements:
•Height: 1 ¾”
•Width:  12”
•Length:  14”

SHELVES Measurements:
•Width:  13”
•Length: 18 ½”

•Distance between shelves: 5 ¾”

I am hoping you have additional information and the estimated value?

As always, thank you in advance for your response

Answer
Hi Denise,

Since I am a purest at heart, I am approaching this table with some trepidation.

At first glance, it appears that the manufacturer took the basic design of a Pembroke
table, removed both of the drop leaves and installed two shelves to create an end table
with shelves for storing magazines.

My guess is that this was produced in the 1950's to early sixties when many furniture
companies were running out of ideas to create new product.

In today's market, I find that eager buyers are looking for period reproductions with
superlative form, something that this table is lacking.

Therefore, I place a value of $250. to $275 for this particular table .

Best of Luck with it.

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III