Antique Furniture/missing table drawer

Question
Lotties old table
Lotties old table  
Lotties old table
Lotties old table  
QUESTION: Mr. Klein, I have a mahogany leather top table from my great-grandmother that appears to be missing a shallow drawer.  What I am asking for is a photo or picture of the drawer so I can finish the restoration of the table.  There are no furniture manufacturer identification clues on the table. I do not know it's age. Thank you very much for your time.

ANSWER: I would have no picture to provide.  

The drawer front will look exactly like the side apron.  There will be no pulls or hardware on it.  

The sides of the drawer will have a protrusion on the outside of the sides at the top of the sides running the full depth of the sides of the drawer that glides in the slots in the opening.

1940s mahogany and mahogany veneer.

QUESTION: Mr. Klein, if the drawer has no pulls or hardware to grasp how would one open it?  Thank you very much for your expertise.

Answer
since the drawer is not supported at the bottom, as most drawers are (it hangs from the side supports which are attached to the side).  the bottom of the drawer will be not flush with the bottom of the front of the drawer.  it might be up an inch, half inch or in between.  you reach under the drawer, and pull.  somewhat like when you have kitchen cabinet drawers with no pulls, you have enough room to pull from the bottom of the front piece.

the drawer would be made to look just like the apron.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein