Antique Furniture/Mother of Pearl Inlaid Settee

Question
Settee
Settee  
QUESTION: I purchased this two-seater settee with beautiful mother of pearl inlay at an estate sale.  I was told that it was 'old' and had been passed from family member to family member.  With little history about the peice, I am not sure how to assess it's current value. It looks as though it may be late 19th c. French, though  I have been unavailable to find any similar pieces to compare it with, and I would love some advice.  Thank you

ANSWER: repost with an additional picture closeup of the inlay

Close up
Close up  
QUESTION: Here is additional picture. Thanks so much.

Answer
1900-1920s  victorian style, made in the USA.  mahogany and birch for the primary woods.

retail in a shop it would be prices at 450-850.  cannot get any closer without knowing how tight the frame is.  put your knee on the seat in the center then grab the top center and try to move it back and forth.  tight? then go with the high number.  the upholstery will not figure into retail price as most will put their own fabric on.

what did you pay.

Antique Furniture

robert klein