Antique Furniture/nursing chair

Nursing Chair
Nursing Chair  

Chair Mechanism
Chair Mechanism  
I found this nursing chair at a garage sale for $60 and was hoping you could tell me more about it.  I have looked all over and could not find any maker's mark.  The rocker mechanism did have this: PAT'JAN.3 97.  I would like to know what you can tell me about it, what it is worth, and the best way to care for it and keep it good shape.  Thanks!

Hi Kathy,

You rocker was made around 1900 and is made of Oak.  It is next to impossible to
come up with the original manufacturer since there were numerous furniture companies
making examples like this. It has a value of about $150. to $200. to the right person
who can live with the style, but in todays's world, I do not se too many buyers with

Good Luck,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.