Antique Furniture/poster bed

4 post bed
4 post bed  

4 post bed
4 post bed  
I have an old 4 post bed but not sure if there is any value to it or if it should just be donated to a thrift store.. it appears old..

Hi Jan,

Old beds are a hard sell these days since everyone is looking for queen and king size beds
that are very stylish.

Single and double beds are not in demand and I see them selling in the $50 to  $75. range.

Perhaps making a donation would be your best bet and if you itemize on your annual taxes
you can claim it for a higher amount.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.