Antique Furniture/roll top desk

roll top desk
roll top desk  
Inherited this desk but I know nothing about it- any idea of it's origin and value?

with labels there is no way anyone can tell you the manufacturer as there were thousands.  have you inspected for a label?  check inside drawers, and the back.

the wood is mahogany veneer.  it was likely made in the 1920s and is in need of some repairs and waxing.

as shown there is limited monetary value, around 250 but once restored it will be higher depending on the skill of the restorer.

the style is federal style, a classic and timeless form.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.