Antique Furniture/Rolltop Dest

Desk Closed
Desk Closed  

Desk Opened
Desk Opened  
My mother gave me this desk. She described it to me as a solid rosewood, rolltop desk purchased in 1983 at a place called Scandinavian Gallery.  She thinks she paid around $1000USD at the time.

Is there any value to this now?

Hi Jeff,

Lovely decorative desk.  My feeling is that the desk is fashioned out of veneers
and not all solid woods.  It's hard to tell from the photo's if the lighter primary
wood is Satinwood or Mahogany.  

While desks of this style are not as desirable as flat-top desks these days. I
still feel that someone can appreciate it as a decorative statement in a room.

I place a value of $750-$900. on your desk.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.