Antique Furniture/Rolltop Dest

Question
Desk Closed
Desk Closed  

Desk Opened
Desk Opened  
My mother gave me this desk. She described it to me as a solid rosewood, rolltop desk purchased in 1983 at a place called Scandinavian Gallery.  She thinks she paid around $1000USD at the time.

Is there any value to this now?

Answer
Hi Jeff,

Lovely decorative desk.  My feeling is that the desk is fashioned out of veneers
and not all solid woods.  It's hard to tell from the photo's if the lighter primary
wood is Satinwood or Mahogany.  

While desks of this style are not as desirable as flat-top desks these days. I
still feel that someone can appreciate it as a decorative statement in a room.

I place a value of $750-$900. on your desk.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III