Antique Furniture/Step back cupboard

Old Step back
Old Step back  
Hi Mr Harrison,
I'm doing a clear out and wanted to know if this old cupboard has any value. It came with a house I bought 30 years ago and the old lady told me that it was an antique when she originally bought it in Wolverhampton, UK in 1927.

Many thanks,

Hi Paul

While I have seen my share of many antiques in the past 42 years, my feeling is
while this piece has some age to it, the level of skill for the person that made
it, was perhaps lumberjack and not a cabinetmaker. It  looks like firewood to me.
If you can find someone to hall it away, you would be ahead of the game.

Good Luck!

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.