Antique Furniture/writing desk/sidetable?

Question
front of piece
front of piece  

front with open desk
front with open desk  
Hi Mr. Klein,

I was wondering if you could tell me what this piece would be called. I have searched all over trying to find something similar and cannot. It appears to be a credenza with a writing desk hidden at the top. I acquired it from my mother-in-law and wanted to refinish it but she cautioned me that I should check to see if it is worth anything before I do so. Do you think it holds any value?

thanks in advance for your help!
Jennifer

Answer
it is a breakfront with a butlers desk

it does not appear to need refinishing.  buy toluene free Briwax in the antique mahogany color and wax the piece.  you will be amazed.

it should take 2-3 hours to wax.  less time means you didnt do it well.

Antique Furniture

robert klein