Antique Furniture/Dining Set

Side of table
Side of table  

Side chair
Side chair  
Can you tell me what style this dining set is and what it is worth today? The table has an embedded leaf and 2 other leaves that extend the table to a total of 8ft. Brass feet from what I can tell. It's a family piece and it's far too large for my dining room. No other family members want it, so I'm thinking of selling. There are 4 side chairs and 1 arm chair (a second arm chair was kept by a family memeber).

most call this a duncan phyfe style table.  more accurately it is a federal style table made in the 1940s.

chairs are appropriate and can be called federal style as well.

it has been refinished at some time as these were originally a red/brown or red mahogany color from the factory.

the table and 6 chairs would sell at 450$ in a shop.  easier to sell a set of 6 than a set of 5.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.