Antique Furniture/Nelson Matter bed set

I have a full size bed with head and foot board along with a matching dresser. We have another dresser with a mirror attached but I don't have any photos of it. I was wondering what you could tell me about these pieces and what a sale value would be. I really appreciate your help! Thank you!!

Nelson Matter was one of the three top furniture manufacturers in the grand rapids area for decades.

the wood is figured birch and looks to have been refinished, originally it was darker to resemble mahogany.

Made around 1900.  Do you have the mirror and/or towel bar for the washstand pictured?

In a retail shop the bed would be priced around 750-900, the washstand 450-550 depending on the type of shop.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.