Antique Furniture/Nelson Matter bed set

Question
img_9565
img_9565  

img_9564
img_9564  
I have a full size bed with head and foot board along with a matching dresser. We have another dresser with a mirror attached but I don't have any photos of it. I was wondering what you could tell me about these pieces and what a sale value would be. I really appreciate your help! Thank you!!

Answer
Nelson Matter was one of the three top furniture manufacturers in the grand rapids area for decades.

the wood is figured birch and looks to have been refinished, originally it was darker to resemble mahogany.

Made around 1900.  Do you have the mirror and/or towel bar for the washstand pictured?

In a retail shop the bed would be priced around 750-900, the washstand 450-550 depending on the type of shop.

Antique Furniture

robert klein