Antique Furniture/Tomlinson Chair Co China Cabinet

Tomlinson Cabinet
Tomlinson Cabinet  

Tomlinson Cabinet 2
Tomlinson Cabinet 2  
I recently purchased a Tomlinson Chair Co China Cabinet (tag on back) and am deliberating if I should paint it or refinish.  I would like to know the approximate age and type wood.  As you can see from the picture, someone has stripped the shellac/varnish from the inside door.  It has the original glass and 3 shelves with plate grooves.  Also, what is the value and will painting decrease the value?  The top veneer has popped up and will need to be glued down.

i looked at the close picture again.  please do not paint this, it is better quality that i first thought an is mahogany.  refinish it properly to bring value to 650-750.

painting will be valued at half.

good piece colonial revival style.

from 1910-20  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.