Antique Furniture/Tomlinson Chair Co China Cabinet

Question
Tomlinson Cabinet
Tomlinson Cabinet  

Tomlinson Cabinet 2
Tomlinson Cabinet 2  
I recently purchased a Tomlinson Chair Co China Cabinet (tag on back) and am deliberating if I should paint it or refinish.  I would like to know the approximate age and type wood.  As you can see from the picture, someone has stripped the shellac/varnish from the inside door.  It has the original glass and 3 shelves with plate grooves.  Also, what is the value and will painting decrease the value?  The top veneer has popped up and will need to be glued down.

Answer
i looked at the close picture again.  please do not paint this, it is better quality that i first thought an is mahogany.  refinish it properly to bring value to 650-750.

painting will be valued at half.

good piece colonial revival style.

from 1910-20  

Antique Furniture

robert klein