Antique Furniture/Vanity?

Question
Front
Front  

Back of Drawer
Back of Drawer  
Hello Mr. Klein,

I am hoping you can help me with this vanity.  I bought it from an antique store and the owner stated it was from the 1930's.  The two pieces came together and were stated to be a set.  I have my doubts to the age and combination.  I can find nothing like it online.  The drawers are dovetailed in the back with a single joint (dovetail) in the front, and I would guess they may be machine made.  I loved the rough condition of it, so that was a plus for me.  I guess I am wondering if this truly is a vanity piece that I have not seen, as well as an approximate date range.  

Bethany

Answer
it is 1930s.  the mirror probably came off a dresser but is a good mate.  Take the mirror off and see if there is an outline that matches it on the top.  also check the back to see if the mounting braces have an outline or shadow that makes it original.  i think you will find that it is not original to the base.

the joints are not dovetails but are called a box joint and are machine made.

whether or not the mirror came on it from the factory is of no matter other than the seller either lied or didnt know.  it is still a good match and looks good.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein