Antique Furniture/Vintage/antique Love seat &chairs

vintaga love seat
vintaga love seat  

4 vintage chairs
4 vintage chairs  
Could you tell me the period and description of this set. Also a resonable price to ask as is? They have been recovered and seem in good condition other than 2 chairs have had the wooden rollers replace with "caps" and the wood on the roller of one chair is missing

made around 1880 in walnut and walnut burl.  eastlake victorian in style and period.

good set unfortunately these and other similar sets do not bring as much as they should and are difficult to sell.  whoever buys will want to put their own fabric which will be an expensive undertaking.

i would price these in my shop as shown at 1200.  are they worth more, yes but they will unlikely not bring more.

i do think these styles will come back into fashion and demand higher money within the next decade.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.