You are here:

Antique Furniture/Walnut "Chest of Drawers" from McCabe Furniture Co.


Walnut Chest of Drawers
Walnut Chest of Drawer  

My wife's grandmother is now 95 years old and recently gave us an old piece of furniture.  I would call it a chest of drawers, but I have a feeling it is actually called something else.  There is a large label on the back that says "McCabe Furniture Company"  and farther down it says it was made in Coudersport, Pennsylvania.  

I tried to do some of my own research via Internet but didn't have very much luck.  I'm hoping you can help.  I'm wondering if you can tell me approximately what year this was manufactured, and what the approximate value would be.

         Thank you.

judging from the feedback I have failed to satisfy your query.  was there something else that you needed to be satisfied??

this is a walnut veneered adaptation of a linen press called a gentlemans chest made around 1910.

as shown it would retail in a shop at 350.

Antique Furniture

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


robert klein


Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.


I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

Past/Present Clients
They deserve privacy, sorry.

©2017 All rights reserved.