Antique Furniture/antique dining set-identity?

Question
Table
Table  

Chair bottoms
Chair bottoms  
Sorry George, I should have waited till I took the pics. I can send more pics if you need them. Thanks, Dreama

Answer
Hi Dreama,

What I can tell you is that the pieces you have date to the 1920's and could have been made by a slew of any one furniture companies, since it was very popular at that time. Many English
style homes were being built in the United States during the period, but with the Colonial
Revival becoming popular, everyone's taste turned to furniture that emulated the American 18th century styles.  This was due to the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation opening their doors for everyone.  When visitors had the opportunity to take it all in, at that point in time we saw colonial houses sprouting up everywhere. In fact, you can find Williamsburg style homes stretching across the entire country.

Keeping all this in mind, it is these 1910 - 1920's Jacobean or early Baroque style of furniture that has continued to stay out of favor.  What I can tell you about your pieces,
they are of a lower end quality of manufacture, so I place the value of the chairs at about
$25. each and the table at about $200. - $225. The condition also looks to be somewhat
questionable also.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III
www.americanainteriors.com/

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III