Antique Furniture/antique rocker

antique rocker
antique rocker  
QUESTION: I will resubmit my question and hopefully the image will be there this time.  If not, will try another avenue.
Antique Rocker purchased at estate sale in Tulsa, OK.  No knowledge as to age or style.  Please advise?

ANSWER: please post one more picture; a close up of the wood so i can see the grain

QUESTION: per request, 2 pics attached.  Any value to this chair?  Than you

a great rocker, unusual with the tall spindles.  the seat origanlly was most likely either caned or had an embossed leather or fiber insert with a design.

the wood is oak.  it was manufactured around 1900 during the golden oak period which is the style; golden oak pressed back spindle rocker.

what did you pay?

in a shop it would sell at 175-250.  

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.