Antique Furniture/buffet

Close up
Close up  
I just got this "buffet" and I'd like to know approx. how old it is, if possibly this was a buffet that used to have legs, if this is American, English or some other country, and if the wood grain is tiger oak. I have not seen a buffet that didn't have some kind of leg or platform so it's a little confusing. It is approx 28.5" to the top and another 6.5" with the backsplash, 54" wide, 20" deep.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Esperanza,

All though your photo's are extremely dark I would have to say you need to go back and find the legs to that beast!

I can't say too much more about your Legless Sideboard Server.

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.