Antique Furniture/Identification

Front view
Front view  

Door detail.
Door detail.  
My wife and I love rumaging and finding all sorts of things, was hoping you could help identify the style and era of this piece.

It looks like your latest rummaging has produced a real boat anchor of a find.

Like a fair amount of furniture made in the later 1930's, this Art-Deco style sideboard or buffet when new was designed and built to a price, rather than a standard.

Since it is in very poor condition with veneer lose, I do not see a greater present value of perhaps $50. They say beauty is only skin deep, but ugly is al the way to the bone  and you have found the latter in this gem.

Good luck with your latest find.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.