Antique Furniture/Kittinger octagonal side table

metal stamp
metal stamp  

I bought a Kittinger octagonal side table at a yard sale. It has been painted and has a crack that goes the whole length of the top of the table on one side. There are 2 other cracks that only go part way. There is a compartment underneath but the door is missing the latch. I am wondering if this piece is worth anything or if the damage and painting ruined it. If not, how would I go about restoring it? Thank you for your time.

Hi Kim,

Thanks for your research question for the Kittinger table in the Baroque style.

Being a dealer specializing in Kittinger furniture for over 40 years, I can accurately
inform you that your latest yard sale find does not qualify as being on anyones wish list.

For the most part, tables like yours which date back to approximately 1920's, are not
of a style that buyers are looking for today. Then when you add in the fact that the table
has been severely damaged and equally as bad,it has been painted, I can only hope that the
yard sale that you attended did not have any items prices over one dollar!

While in it's present state, a mastercraftsman could restore the table, the big problem is
it could run over $1,000.

So to answer you closing question, yes the tables has been destroyed.

My advise for you, in the future is to stay away from compromised pieces of furniture

Best Wishes,

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.