Antique Furniture/Partner DESK

Question
front desk
front desk  

desk back
desk back  
Hello, We inherited a desk made by Lennox Shops in Canastota, NY. -It's 60" wide, 30.5" tall & 34" deep and is finished on all sides. The brass pulls are lovely and intact.  We are unsure about keeping it (it's bigger than our house can really handle) or selling it.-- My internet searches came up dry when I looked for Lennox Shops - so am wondering if there is a market for this kind of desk beyond posting it on Craigslist. And if there is, what would be a likely selling price? (I took other photos and can send those, too). Thanks for any insight!

Answer
It is my understanding that Lenox Furniture Shops was an outlet not a manufacturer.  They did sell between 1895 and the 1930s and sold stylish furniture of the times.  

Your desk is 1920s vintage in the jacobean style and it is a nice one.  In need of a good cleaning an waxing with toluene free dark brown Briwax.

On craigs list you might get 3-350$.

Cleaned up and in a shop to sell it would bring 500-600 depending on the type of shop.  As high as 700 in a high end shop.

Antique Furniture

robert klein