Antique Furniture/Pedestal table value

What might one expect to pay for a banded mahogany double pedestal dining table 44" x 68" with 2 leaves 18" each? The table and leaves are in perfect condition. It was handmade by Charak and has a date stamp of 2-8-51. The pedestals are beautifully carved and there are hidden drawers at each end of the table.

Dear Jan,

Based on your description only, with not photo, a Charak banded dining table with
two leaves opening to 104 inches, seating 8 comfortably, would fall pricewise in
the range of $1,200. to $1,500.

With less people today furnishing dining rooms, the values have been on the decline.

Keep in mind, a larger table that would seat more would obviously be worth more.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.