Antique Furniture/Is this possibly an antique

Photo of unit
Photo of unit  
I got the item in the photo from a storage unit auction.  Its style looks familiar to me and the dovetails are irregular so I think it is hand made.  I would be very interested in how to find out the style, who made it, and if it has value as an antique.

Hi Douglas,

Never bring a knife to a gun fight is what I always say about storage unit auctions.
Hopefully you did not pay an exorbitant amount to acquire this chest of drawers.  

The chest dates to about 1900 and was factory made, as opposed to cabinet or bench made.

The quality of this chest is one built to a price rather than to a standard and was
originally produced in mass quantities by any  one of a 1000 furniture companies.

It's value today is in the $250 to $325. range.

Best of luck with it.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.