Antique Furniture/Rocking chair

Hi.  This rocking chair was in my in-law's home.  We thought it had been made by a family member, but my 93 year old mom-in-law says no. Both her and her husband's families came over from Germany. I can't find an image resembling it on the Net. Wondering if you have any ideas about where it may have come from, or if there is a style that it belongs to?  Thanks.

it is a manufactured piece in oak.  the style is a mix of several.  made in the golden oak period around 1900.  probably in the grand rapids area.

congrats on your mom in law for being sharp and here.

very nice rocker, probaly sell retail in a shop at 400+

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.