Antique Furniture/Vanity or desk

Vanity or desk
Vanity or desk  
Hello thank you for allowing me to ask you. This piece was my mothers and I'm trying to figure out what it is and maybe what era or anything really about it to get value and a little history. Anything you know would be appreciated. Thank you

This is a Chinese Chippendale style desk with an alter styled top.  Alter tables had turned up ends and this is what is copied here.

This style of furniture has been made for export from China, Tiawwan, and Hong Kons for decasdes.  I first started seeing it in the 1970s from service members who were stationed in the Orient.

This is a good one, probably 1960-70s but well designed, unlike some of the stuff coming now.

in a shop, after cleaning and waxing it would sell at 650-750.  insurance repalcement value on this one would be at 1500-2000.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.