Antique Furniture/Whitney Buffet - 1930's?

Whitney Buffet
Whitney Buffet  

We came from East Coast to West and brought this buffet. We are downsizing and would like to know the value of this item, suggestions for how to sell and any background info.

We think it's from the '30's.

Hi David,

Being on the West Coast with a piece of New England style furniture does not
make for an easy sale.

I am finding today early American style furniture is not on most peoples
hit parade.  You can try using Craig's List or perhaps a local consignment shop
or even a local auction.

I see pieces like yours going begging for $250 - $275.       

Good Luck with it.

George E. Harrison III

Antique Furniture

George E. Harrison III

I am able to answer most questions pertaining to the authenticity,collectability and values of high-end reproduction furniture. As an example, quality furniture produced by leading manufacturers such as Baker, Kittinger, Kindel, Saybolt-Cleland furniture companies. I must have at least one photo for advice. PLEASE READ: No questions will be answered without a photo. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise.

For the past 40 years I have been dealing in the appraisal, buying and selling of fine, pre-owned antique and reproduction furniture. Over the years we have served leading museums, governmental institutions, Fortune 500 companies as well as private collectors. View our website at for a sampling of our expertise. Also, be sure to read our testimonial page.

Maine Antiques Digest

Philadelphia College of Art Study for cabinetmaking.

My honors are my ability to satisfy the highest caliber of my client base, both nationally and internationally. Refer to:

You may refer to my website, for comments posted by our prestigious client base.