Antique Furniture/Antique bed

Antique Bed
Antique Bed  

Foot board
Foot board  
Was just given this bed and was told it was from around the 1940's? We were just wondering about what time period it came from. And would love to know who it might have been made by but unfortunately as you will see most of the manufacturer tag has been torn off. Thank you for any information you may offer.

This style poster bed was manufactured in the 1930 slot.  Because of the shape of the footboard they have become known as waterfall style.  some call thesis style depression style but that, to me, is a disservice and carries a negative connotation.  

I prefer simply water fall or 1930 colonial revival style.

The wood is usually sweet gum or tulip poplar or both.

I see no label and without one it is not possible to know which of 5000 manufacturers made this bed.

For care, use toluene free Briwax in a matching and/or darker color.

Antique Furniture

robert klein

Regarding American antique, vintage, and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing. Please read instructions for posting.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of American antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars through several organizations.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971

They deserve privacy, sorry.